Provided that you are using a hairstyle only because you believe it looks good

sunxuemei

Provided that you are using a hairstyle only because you believe it looks good

Post by sunxuemei » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:42 am

Like growing up Animal Crossing Items you're outcast to become into nerdy stuff for instance. Couldn't speak about it in work else you would get outcast, in school you would get bullied, etc.. But now its the hip cool thing and its unexpectedly okay.

I think over all this is only a thing people do and it is not 100% connected to race. While race can play a role as you said, it is but just 1 aspect to the above all problem.Yeah, exactly the exact same sort of thing happens there with almost any variety of marginalized groups. It is just especially evident with racebecause western white folks have a long and proud history of swiping elements of black culture.

It all comes down to whether you're being disrespectful, yeah. Provided that you are using a hairstyle only because you believe it looks good, go for it, it is your hair. Individuals can't just fucking trademark hairstyles.

It makes sense that certain hairstyles are related to certain ethnicities, hair feel and so on. But it's hair, especially in a video game, shouldn't have to worry about offending someone with every hairstyle along with other style choice, Reversing the situation does not really work because lots of natural black hairstyles such as locs/afros are deemed"unprofessional" and not allowed in certain schools/jobs/etc due to the way they look. Black people often have to style their hair straighter or in difficult/inconvenient manners in order to be viewed as professional. People without textured hair do not need to experience all of that - so long as my hair is clean, groomed, rather than dyed, I can fit into many jobs' dress codes with my own hair styled pretty much the same manner cheap Animal Crossing Bells grew out of my mind.